- Schulich Leader Scholarships are prestigious entrance scholarships awarded to high school graduates enrolling in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) programs at our 20 Canadian partner universities.
- Recognizing the increasing importance and impact that STEM disciplines will have on the prosperity of future generations, businessman and philanthropist Seymour Schulich established this $100 million scholarship program in 2012. This program encourages our best and brightest students to be the next entrepreneurial-minded pioneers of STEM innovation.
- Graduate high school in the 2019/2020 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Be entrepreneurial-minded and plan to enroll in an eligible STEM program at one of our partner universities (view eligible programs at schulichleaders.com/universities)
- Meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence
- Leadership (entrepreneurial or community)
- Financial need
- Not planning a career as a medical practitioner or researcher. This includes doctors, dentists, nurses, psychologists, pharmacists, optometrists, etc. This scholarship is for entrepreneurial-minded innovators outside of the medical community.
The school nominates one student to be a Schulich Leader Nominee.
How to Apply: By November 30, 2019, please submit the following to Ms. Prince:
- The universities you wish to attend
- Your top three achievements (academic or other) – 50 words maximum per achievement
- Essay demonstrating why you should win – 600 words maximum
- Short answer to identify where you see yourself in 10 years – 50 words maximum
- Two single-page letters of reference that include email and telephone contact information for verification