Some of you responded to the District Survey or contacted the school to let us know that you would like to send your child to school occasionally during the month of June. Secondary school students are invited come to school once a week starting tomorrow, June 1. This is an invitation only and not mandated or required. Home learning is continuing for students who are not returning to school.
When students attend school on their invited day (see schedule below), teachers and CEAs will assist and support students with the work that has been assigned through home learning. There will be no new instruction provided in addition to the home learning assignments. There is no block rotation. Strict health and safety protocols will be followed at all times. Students may also set up appointments to meet with staff. The staff will work with the office to ensure that we are adhering to occupancy targets.
- Mondays: Grade 11
- Tuesdays: Grade 12
- Wednesdays: Home Learning Day
- Thursdays: Grade 10
- Fridays: Grade 9
- Students who are on IEP’s may be at school for additional time. Their schedules will be developed in conjunction with their case managers.
- Students in Grade 12 who are in danger of not graduating may be at school every day except Wednesday.
Here are some considerations to keep in mind:
- Parents must fill out the health check form before sending children on the bus. Here is the link to that form: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=pP-hhz-WDkWNkBVd542b5XlBoSafUYFLhAiHWjkFMsJUNDU5NlQzT1NEUE5QWVNYNjhDSjdOVkxSUi4u
- All students must enter the school through the main doors (the doors will be opened at 9:05am).
- All students will undergo a verbal health check upon entering the school.
- Students may fill their own water bottles at the water bottle filling station, but all fountains are closed.
- Students must bring their own lunches.
- Students will need to keep their personal belongings with them (no lockers).
- Students must practice physical distancing.
- The gym and weight room will be closed.
- Students will have a lunch break at the regular time. Students must leave through the main doors by the gym and sign out. They must sign in upon returning from lunch.
- During the health check, students showing symptoms of COVID-19 or with a temperature greater than 38°C will not be allowed in the school. Parents, please keep your child at home if they are sick (i.e. fever, coughing). Health checks will be completed each day prior to the child being granted access. Students who do not pass the health check will be quarantined until parents arrive for pick up.
- Students and staff will be required sanitize their hands immediately upon entry into the school and will be encouraged to wash their hands regularly throughout the day.
- Students will go directly to their assigned learning space and will remain in that assigned space at all times when in the building (unless they need to go to the washroom – specific student bathrooms will be assigned).
- If a child gets sick while at school, parents will be asked to come to the school to pick their child up.
- In addition to the expectations we already have at school, students will also be expected to adhere to the new safety guidelines in place. Students who cannot follow the rules we have put in place to ensure everyone’s safety will not be allowed to remain at school.
If you previously decided that you would keep your children at home and have changed your mind, please contact the school to arrange for your child to attend.
Chelsea Prince, Principal Patti Lemaire, Vice Principal