Okanagan College President’s Entrance Scholarships – 2020
There is a change in the way students apply for the President’s Entrance Scholarship. In the past it has been the only High School Entrance Award that required a paper application however we have now added it to the online awards. Principals, counsellors, or teacher designates will still need to submit the appraisal however, it can now be emailed by the school or the student to firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be helpful if it states that it is a President’s Entrance nomination. Please see Ms. Prince or Mrs. Lemaire if you would like to be nominated for this award.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
- have graduated from a secondary school in the Okanagan College region within the last fifteen months (as of September 2020) and have not subsequently attended post- secondary studies at a college or university;
- have demonstrated leadership and made a contribution to their school and community; and
- have a minimum cumulative grade average of 76% (B+), based on all grade 11 and 12 courses.
Financial Aid & Awards must receive the student’s online application package, Interim Transcript as well as the Principal’s written appraisal, no later than 4:00 pm on March 06, 2020.
The High School Entrance award link is now up on the website and students can start to apply on their myOkanagan site as soon as they have received their ID number. The deadline for applications and supporting documentation is March 6, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Re/Max Quest for Excellence Bursary: RE/MAX of Western Canada has renewed the Quest for Excellence bursary program. They are offering (16) $1,000 bursaries for a total of $16,000 to grade 12 students. This program was established by RE/MAX of Western Canada to recognize the success and ongoing pursuits of Western Canadian students regarding leadership and community contribution initiatives. Students can enter online at Remax Quest for Excellence Bursary2020 Quest for Excellence program is open for submissions from September 12, 2019 until midnight MARCH 9, 2020. Only online entries will be accepted.
- BCIT is pleased to announce that the following Entrance Awards are available to students who are planning to attend BCIT commencing April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
- Up to 25 BCIT President’s Entrance Awards, available only to current High School students
- Valued up to $4,000 each.
- Deadline: August 5, 2020
- Over 125 additional BCIT Entrance Awards
- Valued up to $6,000 each.
- Deadlines: August 5, 2020 and/or January 6, 2021
- More information about BCIT Entrance Awards and the application forms can be found at bcit.ca/finaid.
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award: “The Terry Fox Humanitarian Award Program aims to honour the spirit of Terry Fox, one of Canada’s greatest heroes, by encouraging Canadian youth who strive to emulate Terry Fox’s courage and determination by providing their communities and those in need with humanitarian service.”
- For more information and to apply, go to: https://apply.terryfoxawards.ca/.