District Authority Scholarships
Every year, the BC Ministry of Education provides 5500 District/Authority Scholarships across the province. In School District No. 83, we are lucky to have access to a significant number of these awards. The District/Authority Scholarships are a way to recognize that success at school is more than just academic; it can include other skills and talents as well.
Could you use $1250.00 toward your post-secondary tuition at a trade school, college, technology institute, or university?
Do you have a skill or talent in one of the following areas?
- Indigenous Languages and Culture
- Fine Arts (Visual Arts, Dance, Drama, or Music)
- Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies (Business, Technology, Home Economics, Information and Communication Technology)
- Physical Activity (not limited to Physical Education)
- International Languages
- Community Service (Volunteering)
- Technical and Trades Training (Carpentry, Automotive, Mechanics, Chef’s Training)
Have you developed this skill or talent in depth? Are you willing to demonstrate this skill or talent to a committee? Have you researched post-secondary opportunities, costs, and qualifications?
Application forms are available online.
- Application Deadline: May 1 (may be emailed or dropped off)
- Schedule Posted: May 4
- Presentations: TBA – will be presented on Microsoft Teams
PVSS is proud to be part of a community that recognizes student progress and achievements by offering thousands of dollars in scholarships every year to graduating students. Please click on the link below for our updated scholarship booklet and application form. Students may come to the office to get one printed for them as their grad TA class will have copies to look at in the class.