To our PVSS Grad Families,
We hope you are doing well as you adjust to the new realities of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are all working together to ensure that safety is the highest priority at this time.
We are excited to let you know that we have a plan in place for recognizing the milestone that our students have reached. We are working with a video production company to create a video of the graduation ceremony. The filming will take place on Thursday, May 28, so students must be available that day. They will each be given a window of time to come to the school, put on their caps and gowns, and be filmed crossing the stage to receive a certificate. Our valedictorians (yet to be chosen) will also need to be here at another point that day to give their speeches. The production company will piece together the footage to create a video of the ceremony. We will be posting this video on the internet for you and your family members to view.
In addition, we have booked Starlight Drive-In for the evening of June 17, which was our original Graduation Ceremony date. Each graduate will be given a ticket to have one vehicle at the Drive-In to view the ceremony on the big screen. Please contact us if that is a hardship for you because of your family structure but be aware that there are limited spaces. This is a school-sponsored family event. Please do not wear formal wear, and remember that this is an important achievement for all of our students and their families. In recognition of the fact that both you and your families have been waiting for this time, please ensure that the expectations are followed. The concession will be open and washrooms are available. Families and students must stay in their allotted space other than using the washroom or one person going to the concession. Strict social distancing rules will be in effect for the protection of our families and the Drive-In staff, and because this is a school event, all school rules about the possession and use of drugs and alcohol are still in place. Please see the following page for the expectations at the Drive-In.
In support of expectations from the Provincial Health Office, we anticipate that all graduates will go home after the Drive-In. We strongly discourage all gatherings in addition to this one gathering at the Drive-In.
If you have not yet paid your grad fees, please do so as soon as possible. There is a significant outlay of funds for the yearbook, caps and gowns, the production company, and rental of the Drive-In.
All students in the Grad class will be sent an invitation to a Grad 2020 Students Microsoft Team this afternoon to share and gather information. Please tell your children to check their inboxes for these invitations.
We will send out additional information soon about the filming. Please contact the school if you have questions.
Chelsea Prince, Principal Patti Lemaire, Vice Principal
Information from the Starlight Drive-In:
The following are the highlights of our operational changes.
- Limited Attendance:Capacity has been reduced drastically to accommodate social distancing. Each car will be given 20 feet of parking space. You will need to park, as directed, in the middle of said parking spot and will not be permitted to move once parked. Some of the things that people enjoy the most, open hatches, trucks parked backwards, along with sitting outside will all still be allowed – but please stay within the confines of your 20 foot parking stall.
- Limited Hours:The gates will only open 1 hour before the first show in order to get everyone parked and situated safely, this also shortens your total time at the drive in.
- Limited Activities:Some of the activities you enjoyed in the past won’t be possible until social distancing rules are relaxed, for example: ball playing, walking your dog, visiting between vehicles
- Facilities:Washrooms in the concession will have social distancing measures including limited capacity and additional porta-potties will be on site
- Concession Changes:Limited products will be available at the start the season which may be expanded depending on the success of our social distancing changes. Guests are asked to send one person from their vehicle to concession to minimize risk.
Please follow directions given by our team at all times, and be kind and patient with one another. We’re all working through this mess together. With a little extra effort, we’ll be able to continue welcoming everyone to movies, as they should be – under the stars!