- Schulich Leaders: “Schulich Leader Scholarships are Canada’s most coveted undergraduate STEM scholarships. Fifty are awarded to entrepreneurial-minded high school graduates enrolling in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math program at 20 partner universities across Canada. Twenty-five are valued at $100,000 for engineering scholarships and 25 are valued at $80,000 for science and math scholarships.”
- Every high school in Canada can nominate one graduating student each year to apply for the scholarship.
- If you feel that you should be nominated for this scholarship, please write a letter to Ms. Prince by the end of November.
- For more information, go to: https://www.schulichleaders.com/.
- Beedie Luminaries: “The Beedie Luminaries Scholarship is for students with potential who are facing financial adversity. Students who are smart, but constrained by circumstance. Students who are resilient and gritty. Students who are ready to make a positive change in their lives.”
- There are 105 scholarships available for BC students, and the amounts range from $15000 for 2-year college and trade-school diplomas to $40000 for 4-year undergraduate degrees.
- Go to https://beedieluminaries.ca/ for more information and to apply.
- 2019/2020 applications are open until January 20, 2020.
- Cmolik Foundation: “We award scholarships to youth who have faced adversity in their lives and demonstrated tenacity. Many of our students would not be able to access post-secondary education without our help. With hard work and our support, their dreams can become reality. Students who have lived in Canada for at least seven years and have experienced adversity in their lives are eligible to apply. They may not have top grades through high school but must be capable of succeeding at the post-secondary level.”
- There are 20 scholarships of up to $40000 available for BC students pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must be endorsed by their secondary school. The principal’s nomination letter must be included with the application. If you are interested in applying, please come talk to Ms. Prince. Each BC secondary school may only nominate one application unless prior permission received.
- For more information, go to: https://www.thecmolikfoundation.com/scholarships/
- Applications are due February 7, 2020.
- Burger King Scholar: “Created in memory of BURGER KING® Co-founder James “Jim” W. McLamore, the BURGER KING℠ Scholars program has awarded $35 million in scholarships to more than 33,000 high school students, BK® employees and their families across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico since 2000. In 2018 alone, the Foundation awarded $3.7 million to more than 3,400 students in North America.”
- Scholarship grants range from $1,000 to $50,000 and are intended to help students offset the cost of attending college or post-secondary vocational/technical school. Recipients are selected based on their grade point average (GPA), work experience, extracurricular activities and community service.
- The application period for the 2020-2021 school year begins on Oct. 15, 2019 and closes Dec. 15, 2019.
- Go to the following website for more information and to apply: https://bkmclamorefoundation.org/who-we-are/programs/burger-king-scholars-program/application-information/.
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award: “The Terry Fox Humanitarian Award Program aims to honour the spirit of Terry Fox, one of Canada’s greatest heroes, by encouraging Canadian youth who strive to emulate Terry Fox’s courage and determination by providing their communities and those in need with humanitarian service.”
- For more information and to apply, go to: https://apply.terryfoxawards.ca/.
PVSS is proud to be part of a community that recognizes student progress and achievements by offering thousands of dollars in scholarships every year to graduating students. When the window for applying for local scholarships is open, we will post the scholarship booklet and instructions on how to apply,